It is unclear whether the building standing at this lot in 1860 was continually added onto to create the home's current appearance or if a new home was built on this lot in 1897. It has had several owners including Bernard and Ida Lipke, Helen Nivens, and Dr. Fred J. Pfeiffer. Bernard Lipke was a prominent businessman, and he and his brother, William, were dry good and clothing merchants.
Helen Nivens returned to the area after her husband's death in 1902. She was very well traveled and known for her collections. Two of these were a crystal collection and a collection of Native American relics. The latter collection is housed in the New London Public Museum today.
Dr. Pfeiffer's life and practice were featured in a 1959 issue of Life magazine. Dr. Pfeiffer was an accomplished man who was responsible for having the American Water Spaniel recognized as a breed in 1920 and authored two books about dogs. During his 58-year career, he delivered some 3,500 babies.