The history of Thern Farm goes back to 1891 when the farmhouse was built as a dining hall for the New London Fair (1891-1912). In its heyday, thousands of visitors walked, came by horse and buggy, or rode the train to come to the fair.
After the fair ended, the land was purchased by the Thern family in 1914 and turned into a small dairy farm. In 2014, Thern Farm was recognized with the Century Farm Award for over 100 years of family ownership of the land. In 2015, Thern Farm became part of the New London Heritage Historical Society ensuring that its historical legacy will live on.
Today, the farm employs a director and has a dedicated group of volunteers. Throughout the year, the farm holds classes, programs, and events. We welcome school groups and tours of all sizes. Additionally, the farmhouse can be rented for small gatherings, meetings, and more!
Located along Hwy. 54, just east of the U.S. Hwy. 45 bypass.