The cabin, now located at the Historical Village, was originally built on the land now owned by Larry Gitter at N5767 Madden Rd, New London. This land was purchased by his great grandfather, Patrick McLaughlin, who emigrated from Sligo County, Ireland, in 1845, at the tender age of 13, to Valcartier Village, Quebec, Canada. His occupation was “lumberer” at the time of his marriage in 1867 to Mary Cassin. Shortly after their marriage, they traveled to Wisconsin where they settled in 1868 in Lebanon Township.
In 1993, the historical society was offered the Log Cabin if they would remove it and bring it to the village. The cabin was dismantled and transported to the village, then rebuilt on the edge of the woods to give the impression of how it must have looked in its youth. It was originally built around 1850-51.